- Caravan units accommodate either 4 or 6 workers. 2 or 3 bedrooms in each caravan. Rooms are shared with another person.
- All caravans have kitchen and bathroom.
- Accommodation is £49/week, per person, due to increase in April 2019.
If due to weather there are not enough earnings in a week, we will offer a reduction
in accommodation costs as it follows:
- £0 – £80 free accommodation
- £80.01 – £150 ½ of the full price
Workers must bring bedding and blankets or sleeping bags!
- Caravans are equipped with cutlery, pots, pans, plates and cups.
- Gas is charged at a cost. Price per bottle is £50. Cost of gas is shared between the inhabitants of a caravan
- Electricity cards can be purchased for £10 and the price is shared between the
inhabitants of a caravan.
- NO damage deposit will be deducted from the wages, but if any damage is done to the property, worker will be liable for the reparation costs.
INSIDE THE CARAVANS
THE CARAVAN CAMP
GYM/TRAINING ROOM RECREEATION ROOM TV AND FREE WI-FI
- Strawberries both table tops and on the floor (only 15% of the total fruit area)
All fruits are picked individual and all veggies in teams!
The Farm has two pack-houses one for vegetables and one for fruits. Only a small number of people are needed for the pack-house. Most of the workers are going to pick fruits and harvest vegetables. Other jobs available are: planting, tunnel building or preparing crops before and after the picking season.
TABLE TOP STRAWBERRIES
BROCCOLI HARVEST AND PACKING
- Payslip every Tuesday
- Farm uses “on farm banking” and pays CASH on request every Friday!
- Most of the work is on piece-work, but wages made up to minimum agricultural wage for Scotland, currently £8.72/h and £13.08/h overtime, which starts over 48 hours a week.
- Holiday pay 28 days a year, “12 weeks average” calculation.
- Tuesdays free shopping trips to CO-OP in the nearest village
- MOBILE FOOD SHOP ON THE PREMISES
- Workers can purchase: burgers, hot-dogs, French fries and other hot foods and drinks.
- East-European Food Shop available on the Farm premises!
- Tel: 01333451500 (Rebeca)
- e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Facebook: Barnsmuir Farm