W. A. Porter Carmichael Farm
Carmichael fruit growers was started in 1995 by Willie and Angus Porter.
We grow strawberries, blackberries and blueberries.
- All our strawberries are grown under cover on table-tops for easy picking.
- Work includes picking, planting, tunnel construction and husbandry work.
- We employ approximately 160 people in our temporary workforce.
- 6-8 hours per day – working hours can vary depending on weather conditions and crop availability.
- Most work is piecework. Meaning if you pick above the standard per hour you will get a bonus. The more you pick the more you earn.
Residential caravans offered to workers who wish to stay onsite.
- Static caravan (sleeps 4-6 people; 2 people share a room)
- Bedrooms – 2 people share (no bedding is supplied for hygiene reasons)
- Living room (seating and eating area)
- Kitchen (cooker; fridge; pots; pans; plates; bowls and cutlery)
- Bathroom (toilet; shower and sink)
- We offer a launderette, games room with free wi-fi, football field and a gym.
- Easy access to local bus service for shopping trips
- Hog roast farm party
- Trip to Nae limits – white water tubing, Adrenalin Shot Canyoning
Get in touch to join our team:
- Carmichael Farm
- DD2 5HW
- Telephone: 01382 360955
- email: email@example.com